Welcome to Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department is responsible for the City's recruitment and selection process, labor relations, affirmative action, health plan administration, maintenance of employee records, risk management efforts, and employee training and development.
- The Risk Management section within the HR department is responsible for creating a safe work environment for employees and a safe City for its citizens by administering safety training and OSHA mandated programs, assuring safe and healthy work environments, administering liability insurance programs, and responding to citizen and employee safety concerns.
- The Recruitment staff works closely with departments to assess departmental staffing needs and coordinates the applications, testing and selection process to recruit the most qualified candidate. Recruitment also serves as a liaison between candidates and departments.
- The Benefits staff acts as a resource for a wide variety of services including traditional health and welfare benefits, deferred compensation and COBRA administration. Benefits also oversees leaves of absences including FMLA and military leave, health enrollment and changes, and process all payroll transactions including, W-4 changes and promotions.
The City of Williams is a fast-growing small agricultural community at the intersection of Interstate 5 and Highway 20 just 58 miles north of Sacramento. Employment Applications can be obtained from City Hall, 810 E Street in Williams, by calling (530) 473-5389 to receive one by mail, or download application.
The City of Williams is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Currently accepting applications for:
- Police Officer (Lateral, Academy Graduate, or Academy Enrolled)
- Full Time / Regular
- Continuous Recruitment – Open Until Positions Filled
For further information, questions or comments please contact Human Resources:
P.O. Box 310
Williams, CA 95987
(530) 473-2955 Recruitment
(530) 473-2982 Risk Management
(530) 473-2445 Fax