The City of Williams was founded in 1874 and was first known as Central.
In 1876 it was renamed Williams to honor William Williams, who gave much of the land for the town site.
This is a collection of some of the older photographs we have of our city through the years.


If you have an old town photograph and would like to have it displayed in our collection, please email Katie at kramsaur@cityofwilliams.org
wms-3
This image was taken on 7th St looking south at the crossing of E St. The Odd Fellows Lodge (left) and the Masonic Lodge (right) are still standing in our city's downtown. 


12742386_196037630758438_8824427079104819240_n
Williams Arch from East E Street headed West. 

50283380_371143776772129_4769009240255758336_o
This is the view from 7th street looking south. The two story building on the right is the old opera house which stood in the location of what is now Pina's Juice Bar.
 

67779062_720743438338827_2587297924132110336_n
An old newspaper clipping announcing the soon to be built City Hall building circa 1935.

1937 City Hall
The newly built City Hall Building (c. 1937)

williams_city_hall.10158

firebmp-3
Williams Fire Department in front of their new location adjacent to City Hall 1937.